Onophotopoeia

Some times even the most mundane of scenes, the most commonplace of faces or the most trivial of objects prove to be a cradle of beauty...unleashing new meanings when looked at again and again. The true magic of photography lies in the fact that we can capture the fleeting moments to revisit them...to listen to the music that the image resounds... Onophotopoeia...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Depolarized...

I happen to live in a city which houses polar bears in its zoo!! That really goes a long way to tell stories about the weather in Buffalo....(whatever happened to the kid born and brought up in the sweltering Calcutta heat??!)
Anyway, coming back to the story, we made a field trip to the zoo for a photo project and I was particularly enchanted by the polar bears. I spent a long time trying to capture their activities. This dude...(could have been a dudette as well) ...took a long spalsh in some ice water before deciding to catch a power nap in the cool shade. In preparation for the nap, he conjured up some awesome poses which I snapped up very gratefully.
This was taken sometime in the early summer this year.

12 Comments:

Blogger Moi said...

:) he's adorable.......the pose almost looks like he's saluting ur genius..... :DDDD

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  
Blogger wildflower seed said...

I like Moi's interpretation - could be a deeeeeep "all-is-bliss" Buddhist bow. Or it could be that he needs an eye mask to help him along into polar bear dreamland. :)

Lovely photo.

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  
Blogger CrAzY DiAmOnd said...

@Moi: My ears are all red with the adulation!

@Wildflower: Good to see you back. Glad you liked the snap.

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  
Blogger sattva said...

this is really cute...it seems to me like he is just being camera- shy and wants u to go away :)

Wednesday, 11 October, 2006  
Blogger gIftoFwIngs said...

hehehehe :))) asadharon!

Wednesday, 11 October, 2006  
Blogger Joel Reynolds said...

wow - you've got amazing shots here. I'm not sure how you fond my blog, but I'm glad you did so I could see yours. I'll be visiting again soon!
Joel

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger Joel Reynolds said...

Oh, by the way - I use a Canon 350D/Rebel XT with a 28-135 IS USM lens. I'd like to know what you use as well. I just went through your whole blog - it's awesome. Woops - also just notice that I misspelled "found" on my first comment. Anyway, your photos are great, man.
Joel

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger CrAzY DiAmOnd said...

@gow: Thanks dude..I thought you had seen this one b4.

@joel: Glad you liked the photos. I guess I visited your blog through Moi's. Great shots all around your blog as well.

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger mademoiselle P said...

woahh.. it's so amazing as pose!!!

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger Chad Oneil said...

Great polar bear shot.

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  
Blogger CrAzY DiAmOnd said...

@mp and Chad:
Thanks!

Saturday, 14 October, 2006  
Blogger Suzana said...

Great shot! Even the most savage of beasts can look cute when they're sleeping, hunh? ;)

But my first thought was that he was sad about being trapped in a zoo...crying into his paws... :O

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home